NHS Grade 7

Welcome to our students' Edublog Digital Portfolios!

Safe Snacking and Allergies

on September 2, 2015

Dear Families,

Below you’ll find a letter from Nurse Mara that was sent home this week.  We’ve also included a link to the “Safe Snacking Guide” to provide some help in deciding what snacks to send in with your 7th grader.  We appreciate all your help with making this a safe environment for all our students!

The 7th Grade Team

Welcome back North Hampton Families!

I am very excited to begin my 2nd year as your school nurse! It has been so nice seeing all of your kids around the school!!!

Over the next couple of weeks and throughout the year I will be posting some gentle reminders as well as some new information in regards to your children’s health and some of our policies at NHS. Here is the first:

One area that I will be concentrating on this year is educating families and students on the seriousness of food allergies. As most of you know our school does not enforce a nut free policy throughout the entire school. The cafeteria’s kitchen is nut free and we take significant measures to ensure safety in the cafeteria setting, so all kids can enjoy any food they bring from home. HOWEVER, the classroom settings with allergic children are “NUT FREE ZONES” and they must be a safe haven for ALL.

This means if your child is in a “NUT FREE” classroom please refrain from sending in any foods that contain peanut/nut derivatives. I have included a link for a website that has extensive list of nut free foods. If there any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to call or email me—964-5501/ mderosier@sau21.org.

http://snacksafely.com/snacklist

Thank you!

Nurse Mara

2 Responses to “Safe Snacking and Allergies”

1. Dana says:

To be clear all 7th classrooms are nut free.

2. grade7team says:

That is correct. All our 7th grade classrooms are nut free. Please do not send any snacks containing nuts for students to consume while in our classrooms.